Arduino Sensors class - the changing of the guard

Of my four Arduino-ish class, the most popular has been Arduino: Sensors for Fun and Non Profit. Nick Webb, 16 year old son of Stephenie Webb, was a student in a class, then an assistant, then a partner teaching every other Sensors class. Tonight I announced that I am retiring from teaching this class and Nick will be taking over. Three members came in to help the class celebrate the event. @heyheymama said how proud she is of Nick. @Kriskat30 mentioned how happy she is to have another teacher, especially such a young one. @artg_dms presented Nick with some Arduino parts passed on from Walter Anderson.

Please join me in thanking @NickWebb for stepping up and taking on the task. DMS always needs more teachers. If you have considered teaching, let Nick be your inspiration.

19 Likes

And I, his proud mother, am struggling not to embarrass him further.
Thank you, Brady, for mentoring him this far.
The Space continues to amaze. Where else can a young person get an opportunity like this?

8 Likes

'Twas a good class!
Just the inspiration I needed to break out my old Uno.
I just added the 37 sensor kit to my Amazon cart and tomorrow I’m going to be looking into servos and what-not.

Fun fact, Brady was able to identify the sound of a light activated servo motor from across the room! :astonished:
Nick has some big shoes to fill and I’m sure he’s up to it.

7 Likes

The goal of every teacher (and chairperson and BOD) should be building replacements. Congratulations on mission accomplished! @bpamplin

@NickWebb Congrats on joining the rank of Teacher. Sharing knowledge and empowering people is a great thing.

7 Likes

I was in one of the classes in which Nick assisted and was pleased and impressed with his knowledge (way more than me) and the support he offered. God job, man.

4 Likes