Arcade and VECTOR August Updates

It looks like a construction zone (because it is), but the old 102 lobby is about to turn into an arcade! We will be providing two or three coin-op games (pinball, old EM gun game, and aspiring to a homebrew MAME cabinet), plus several game consoles including a vintage Intellivision hooked up to a vintage woodgrain TV. Before all that, though, we have to set up the vibe. New carpeting and paint is going in as soon as our work session later today. Perfect for the shorter days coming up, it’ll look phenomenal in the dark!

“Fun Land” by Chicago Coin is the EM gun game just acquired by DMS. Be sure to follow the written instructions to attain the most points. One of the score reels in need of a bit of help, and it could benefit from a backglass paint touch-up, but it overall works (not that my aim would show any of you that :rofl: but everyone else seems to do it fine, so I guess I’ll be practicing!). There’s also a fun Easter egg inside, but the volume is really low on it for some reason, so it’ll be a fun surprise for later!

Meanwhile, we’re getting some modern pinball in the house for the first time since March. My game “The Shadow” from 1994 (with 100% less Alec Baldwin on the backglass compared to usual :laughing:) is joining us for a limited time only, so enjoy a 90s game in VECTOR while it lasts! I can’t remember the last time we had a 90s game; probably not since before the 104 expansion. It may or may not make it into the arcade room before I eventually swap it for another one of my games.

Be sure to enjoy the games when you need a break!

9 Likes

Sounds like a fine idea.

“Sorry boss I have to take a break. I’ll be back.”

4 Likes

One of the rugs arrived:

6 Likes

We had an awesome work day! A huge thank you to everyone who attended. :grin:

The second rug came in today:

4 Likes