Arc welding for fabricators (8/24)

7010’s? that’s a new one for me. what size are everything??

It’s an interesting idea (the dorm fridge). These aren’t sealed, and I wouldn’t use them for code-welding, but they’ll probably be alright for the kind of stuff that goes on around DMS.

7010 is usually used for piping, but i imagine there are other use cases as well. Most of the sizes looked like 1/8 to me, might have been some 3/32 in there as well.

2 Likes

I agree with you on the rod box, Just out of curiosity are the 7010’s red?? I never met a pipe liner that lean forward to spit on a rod that was not a red 6010, interesting bunch that.

Yes. You need the Hot Process Safety to work with any of the hot machines in the Metal Shop. That’s the welders and the Dynatorch.

I had a great time with the first AWFF class and I think this one will be even better. Wondering I am, what is the best time and day for the world to join me for this adventure. As I am retired it is pretty easy to arrange my schedule. I will be increasing the number of participants to at least 6 this time. Lets me hear from some of you, especially if your interested in attending.

3 Likes