April Kiln News 2019

Thank you, very pleased with the cups, turned out great .

5 Likes

What glaze did you use?

Cosmic Teadust on dark brown Laguna clay

3 Likes

Turned out very nice!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded

1 Like

Beautiful glaze unloaded

2 Likes

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded

3 Likes

Glaze out…

5 Likes

The purple mug is such a great even glaze, would you mind sharing the details so I can try to recreate on one of my pieces. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Bisque shelves are over flowing… bisque out of Fitz this morning

2 Likes

Myself, and other are noticing a lot of pitting. This happens for several reason

The bisque has not finished gassing out.

Dust

Glaze to thick.

Please consider doing a test by slowing the firing schedule down, On the bisque and glaze firings so they more time to gas out, to see if this helps reduce the problem. If it don’t then it’s probably dust.

4 Likes

Glaze unloaded

3 Likes

I did the purple mug! :raising_hand_woman:t2: The mug itself is a Mayco stoneware bisque piece I bought from American Ceramic in Ft Worth. The purple glaze is Mayco Stoneware Glaze SW-135 Eggplant, from Trinity. I poured the interior. The exterior is 3 brushed coats. Coat 1 & 3 were horizontal around the mug, and coat 2 was vertical.

7 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Nice mug! That eggplant color is the best! I love that one myself and have it : )

@brendamvilla something seems to be beeping in the ceramics department. 8:15 am mon.

Annette… does it seem to be the kiln?

What seems to be happening?

Sorry, don’t know much about it, never heard beeping back there before, at work now.