Apple iOS update tonight (Monday)

A friend who used to work at Apple said the new iOS (not sure if it’s both iPhone and iPad or just one of them) update is tonight at 10 pm Pacific (12 central). If you don’t want the update now and want to wait to make sure it’s stable or have older apps that might not be supported, he suggests disabling auto-updates today.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been instructed not to update my company devices. Turns out my new iPhone had the auto update on

1 Like

What makes today’s (9/20-9/21) update worthy of special concern?

1 Like

15.0 I believe. My company devices have software on them that we do our time sheets, emails, forms, etc which haven’t been tested yet I guess.

I’d like to get paid for the time I worked. Lol

2 Likes

Okay, so sounds like a typical internal IT ‘update vetting concern’, same as any other iOS/Android update. Sounded like there was something about this update that was of particular concern. The last iOS update came with a serious security fix that had companies like mine forcing an immediate update upon release. Was wondering if this was another one of those.

1 Like

This is what they sent out to us last week

3 Likes

Apparently AAPL opted not to roll out intrusive device-side image scanning in iOS 15 despite prior plans.

1 Like

and there was a big security flaw that was patched IIRC. I’ll be back with an edit I’m sure

2 Likes