Apparently we are all going to die

I was going to finish vacuuming my floors this afternoon…but (sigh…) what’s the point.

4 Likes

Reminds me of what I was told by a Dallas resident years ago…
“The sun is going to burn out in 5 billion years. Do you know what that means? Do you realize the implications?”
"Uhm, no… "
“They’re going to have to finish working on 75 in the dark!”

21 Likes

Not to worry … it is just preparing us for the next version of the game … which will begin after the final battle

We’ve got 2.5 billion years to science this. At a minimum we need to become a Type 2 civilization on the Kardashev scale but there’s plenty of time. We could then likely control the motion of our solar system to anticipate the forces that might kick it out of the galaxy and allow our system to achieve the optimal positioning in the new dominant galaxy. Of course by that time humanity would be so widespread that this task would be tantamount to us today cleaning up a national park after a storm. No problem.

5 Likes

Never heard of this before…thanks.

3 Likes

We are going to die. I don’t want to live forever anyway. Two guaranteed things, death & taxes.

2 Likes

Dammit, I AM going to live forever! (or die trying, at least)

If time travel is possible, where are all of those people from the future? Do they not want to live in such primitive times?

1 Like

They live in a remote epoch of pre-history. This scenario was explored in the short lived TV series Terra Nova.

1 Like