Anyone working on anything new?

Anyone working on anything new? I missed out this weekend thinking I wouldn’t be in town. We should plan to do a photo shoot of our cosplays or attend a con together as a group. Might be fun.

Mark told me the next meeting will focus on electronics. I suppose I got volunteered last time after I had bugged out for the board meeting.

I have been in contact with Art and Walter and they are willing to give us a detailed tour and intro of the Electronics Lab. It is my preference that they be the guides rather than me as they are more familiar with the lab and it would be good to get to know them since they hang around in the lab much more than I do.

As for me, I am into models (props) rather than cosplay. We are getting a group together to reprise this build http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum23/HTML/002347.html for the 50th anniversary next year.

4 Likes

When is the next meeting?

Mark mentioned Sep 10, but it has not been officially scheduled.

2 Likes

That would be interesting. I’ll try to finish up some things I am working on to see how I can improve it with lights. I love light up things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it has been scheduled for the 10th. I hesitated and then forgot to submit it, but it has now been submitted.

Electronics!!

2 Likes

Wanting to get started on a Creature from the Black Lagoon EVA foam suit here…

4 Likes

Hopefully I can make it. Touch and go on bringing my daughter to Corpus Christie for school.

That sounds so cool. I assisted @mreynolds with making a helmet out of the foam.

We should make that your first class to teach! Just saying… :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahaha i’ll be your assistant. we can tag team it. Then we can make costumes to go with our helmets. Yay! :sunny: I mean for someone like me who did not know all the tools at the space it was fun! I think others would like it.