Anyone with access to large format scanner?

I’m going to have some blueprints/plans that I’ll need to have scanned so I can trace them in SolidWorks and create CNC cutting files for them. These sheets are 36" wide and quite long (like ~7 feet?). They could maybe be cut down in length.

Does anyone have access to a large format scanner? I’ll pay…

I realize that there might be other ways to do this (camera, etc.) but they really need to stay as accurate as possible because these parts all fit together. I can’t risk much in the way of distortion.

I would call Lawton Reprographic and see how large their scanner is. I have used their Inwood location. They do a lot of construction blueprint stuff.

1 Like

There is a type of scanner that rolls the blueprint/large print through (rather than being a flatbed scanner). I think most blueprint/reprographics shops would be equipped. Thomas Printworks (formerly Thomas Reprographics) has three locations in the area you could call.
https://thomasprintworks.com/where-we-are/dallas-tx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI446A8d2J6wIVTdbACh2nCQteEAAYASAAEgLBJvD_BwE

1 Like

I did hundreds of architectural blueprint scans with Thomas reprographics working on a preservation project once. They did good work.

2 Likes

I’ve been a fan for many years. At one time, they had a small outpost in Garland that I used.

1 Like

I called and they can do it. Thanks! $1.10 / sf

3 Likes

Has the 'space gotten a large format scanner in the last two years?

Negative. Or at least I’ve never seen it heard of one, and they’re not exactly small so I’m pretty sure I would have.

1 Like

What do you consider “large format”?

Creative Arts has (or had) an an flatbed Epson scanner that does up to a little larger than 11” x 17”. It is in the vinyl cutter room, on top of a cart next to the door last time I saw it.

Thanks :-). I need something that will scan blueprints. Huge blueprints 36” wide and 10 feet long :slight_smile:

I was actually able to find a place.

Thank you!

1 Like

I think Kinkos may have a large drum scanner.

1 Like