Anyone willing to teach me how to make shirts and print vinyl stickers?

I’ve been wanting to learn to do this since I joined the space over a month ago but so far, I haven’t seen many classes for it or they fill up pretty fast. I’d get much more utility out of my membership if I could do these things. Anyone willing to just let me watch and learn as they work on their stuff? Thanks.

Not seeing a green dot on your profile. @ADM_FreddyCalvert

Not sure what that means, but I’m a paying member if that’s what you’re wondering.

A green dot appears on your icon if you have access to the member only areas.
You can request it here

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/c/00-member-access-green-dot

1 Like

expansion has skewed our class calendar.

we’re hoping to get more classes asapizza scheduled now that creative arts is (mostly) settled into their new room!

i recommend you change the category of this post to creative arts - vinyl

We just had CA office hours on 8/3 and should have another one up in September. You would need to be signed off for the vinyl cutter. As soon as we know the date I’ll let you know.

It denotes you as a dues paying member on TALK. As the previous replies have mentioned, we’re in the middle of an expansion and the Committees are in a bit of flux re. class offerings and enough room to teach them. Sounds like you’re getting good feedback above. The above recommendations will get you going. Welcome!

Not necessarily. The silhouette is no training required if they are willing to sit down and teach themselves on it.

I need to get a new Office Hours on the calendar.

Yes I’d be willing to do this. Waiting until September would be too long from now :frowning:

I could use a refresher on the vinyl cutter. I need to take better notes - or record the class for review later. For me, it’s not intuitive. My brain is probably too full of meaningless current event garbage.

We will be holding CA office hours on Aug 31st from 1-4, you can drop in for extra training.

2 Likes

Bless you!

i have suggested before how someone experienced needs to go over the vinyl cutter quick reference wiki page and update it. I have personally updated it as best as I could using current software names (the old version referenced software we don’t use anymore)

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Vinyl_Cutter_quick_reference

if someone more knowledgable wants to tweak the article so that it’s more accurate. the BULK of my vinyl cutting time is spend re-remembering how to turn the dang thing on :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m try find someone willing to do that or to remember to mention this in our September committee meeting.

I’ll be out of town :confused: