Anyone want to split the cost of a trailer?

hey,

looking to split the cost of this trailer

https://www.lsoauctions.com/details.cfm?itemnum=1074486351

auction ends this evening. right now there are no bids and it’s $175. I figure if I rent a trailer two or three times, it will pay for itself. and if other people can benefit, then even better.

i don’t have a place to store it, so we’d need to figure something out. I’d want to use it for later when/if I need to pick up another car.

Take a better look at that picture, it should be self explanatory as to why there are no bids. You would be better off renting or a finding a better used trailer on craigslist.

2 Likes

Looking at the pictures, it seems this is $175 for a good reason. The box looks to be all wood, just DIY build on top of a trailer frame. One of the wheels was dragged till it completely shredded. I don’t think the tongue is supposed to be bent up like it is, looks like a DIY job, like the box. Plus, you have to get rid of all the crap in it. I’d suggest passing on this. Probably not worth the $175 they are asking for it.

2 Likes

There are no bids because it isn’t street worthy nor is it worth the $175 plus fees in scrap.

I own a car trailer - had it custom built, not “home made” - purpose built for safe and effective personal car transportation.
If you have no place to store it - that will cost about $75-100 per month at most self storage places. Maybe less if you store it a hour or two away.
Just looking at that auction listing and this thread gives me the ‘willies’ that someone would think that based on the price alone…that that bucket of junk would be safe to tow on public roads and to share with others.

2 Likes