Anyone want to help gather quotes for a tourbus/rental bus/party bus

Oh my cheap teacher brain always under estimates.

The 1400 mile round trip to get you was a few miles out of range. Move north!

Thought this was kinda funny. Now who has spare scratch laying around.

Yep shenanigans.

3 Likes

Don’t we have our own bus? (ducks and covers)

4 Likes

That’s literally the question I was going to ask

A bit healthier for 25 people at $675= $30 a person (averaging in tax/tip)

That quote suggests that a 15% fee will be added which isn’t in the $675 or doesn’t seem to be as it shows the total for that item as $0.00. This fee would increase the cost to $776.25 before tax, $842.24 after tax. That is about $34 per person if I’m correct.

1 Like

The tool bus has no seats. It would also required a CDL license and special insurance to drive with some number of people > 1.

1 Like

The title “Unsafe at any speed” comes to mind …

1 Like

It rolls safely lol

That may be stretching the limit of the word “safely”

He didn’t say anything about stopping…

1 Like

lol, left off the minors details a tour bus rider may expect too - seats, operational ac or heat, no funky smells, sturdy floor, windows, egress door, and much more

Well that makes sense. Still would be nice if the dms bus could be used for local events like this.

1 Like

Still would be nice if people could help get the DMS bus ready for events like this!

1 Like

Very true, now whom has a monkey wrench and wants to work on a project. :slight_smile:

Ok so this is where I’m at after lunch today as far as planning this event/making connections.

Loose schedule Nothing set in stone
Everyone eats lunch at home/Carrolton
Meet in Carollton 12:15
Makerspace - Denton Library (The Forge) 1-2p
Open Workplace - Stoke Kary Montz is the contact but unknown who will do tour 2:30-3
Makerspace - The Factory - manager will be calling me back within two days
Creative Reuse center - Scrap - Kari will show us around shopping if it’s desired 4:30-5
Eating/Social/Drinks - Eastside

Maker Meetup in the works (they have food trucks so people can eat dinner and is within walking distance) on the list to invite (everyone from tour):
Techmill, denton maker collective, denton startup, open denton, Denton we do it, Kyle Taylor, dime,
This is for me to plan tomorrow during lunch - but I also have a call with the city so it might take two days.

I’d like to make a decision about transportation ASAP.

IF you want to go to this please respond to this poll. I need to make a decision and I would like to get this wrapped up/contracts done by midweek.

• Go in my own transportation
  • Rent a van and pay around $20
  • Get a driver/tour bus and pay around $40

0 voters