Anyone want to help gather quotes for a tourbus/rental bus/party bus

Here’s the information you will need:
November 4th
Approx 20 people or however many you can handle
Going to Denton from Carrolton around 11/10ish (Times aren’t anywhere close to set in stone)

1st stop library The Forge @ 3020 N. Locust St. 45 minutes-ish
2nd stop The Factory @ UNT for 45 minutes-ish
Possibly to a lunch place (but this might change if we start later in the day)
Stoke @ 608 East Hickory Street, Suite 128 45m ish
At this point some people will probably walk down to the bars and some will go to
Scrap 420 S Bell Ave, Denton, TX 76201 45 minut
Back to I’m thinking Oak Street but possibly Harvest House till around 7ish??

Times could be totally totally wrong here. It’s right now a complete estimation of both number of people and time frame.
I need an estimate of total price, what type of transportation, and what’s included.

So far I’ve reached out to:
Metropolitan shuttle (I’m sure this is just a resource for lots to fill in and I’ll be slammed with emails)
Enterprise (one of us would be driving - costs are around $160 for the day for 15 seats)
@Nick friend who owns a transportation place Steve

Couple of lunch spots:

Rooster’s Roadhouse
Mellow Mushroom
LSA Burger
Hoochies
Mr. Chopsticks
Frosty Drive N

2 Likes

I was SO dissapointed when I just looked at their menu. Ought to be a rule against false advertising…

Roosters is right next to fuzzy tacos aka c*cks and tacos. Oh lowbrow humor I love you.

Being a college focused on jazz and arty type personal growth - I don’t believe you’ll have much trouble finding some mellow in Denton.

1 Like

Well guys I’m in the wrong business. I’m giving it up to drive tour busses. First quote is in at $990.

I rented a party bus to take a group of friends to the winery yesterday and I paid $600 to drop off and pick up only. Was more if we wanted multiple stops.

My invite must have been lost…I see how it is.

1 Like

Another possible option, espceially if just 12, rent 12 pax vans from budget for $90with damage waiver $152 all the damage waivers, cheaper up to 24 people.
Downside - not altogether, split between two vans, can’t be with everybody
Upside - not all together, split between two vans, won’t be with everybody

1 Like

What you get, and what you pay for, with a third party rental is someone else that is legally responsible for any accidents and resulting damages.

My suggestion if we don’t want to pay for such a third party is to drive there separately. You still can have the commeradery over the meals and drinking before/after the tour.

If someone is willing to drive, it is still option.

You can rent 15 passenger vans for decent rates at Capps. My wife has used them in the past when doing her area history tours.

Not familiar with Capps. Link? Thanks

1 Like

not google, but it’s been brought up before…
Maybe 2 more mentions, I’ll remember! :rofl:

Capps van rentals is huge - giant inventory.

I my days in the us Gov’t we rented them on a fairly regular basis, always clean basic transportation. Certainly not “roomy” tho…unless getting shoehorned in like a sardine and keeping your buddy warm is OK.

Have you looking into limo companies with larger shuttle type buses like :

http://www.allenlimo.com/passengerbus%20dallas%20limousine.htm

1 Like

As for the Loss damage waiver, one of my cc has that protection built in. Worth a mention. They tell you just to waive it & pay with your CC.

1 Like

I was referring to liability for injuries, not loss and damage. Just saying…

1 Like

A hired limo / bus service would be the hassle free way to go (hopefully with a margarita machine) that way there is no damage or liability responsibility on any of the members using a hired vehicle with driver.

More pricey - nope, not after a basic risk assessment.

1 Like

Ya but I don’t know if anyone would do it for over $35 a person.

still a bargain at $40 for the number of hours/stops with a personal driver still beats having to drive, park, drive, etc

1 Like