Anyone want tall skinny boxes (can cut for large cardboard, too)

Could you use some tall, skinny boxes from Ikea that have sturdy cardboard pieces in them? I kept some for large framed pictures, and they can be easily cut to make a painting area or maybe even scroll saw work.

I’d hate to just throw them out.

I could actually use 1 for a project. I was just thinking to myself how I was going to source a longer piece of cardboard…

1 Like

Should I put it on the free shelf?

When will you next be up? I can make a special trip

I was thinking during the day Monday.

at the soonest I could run by Tuesday after work. I would be worried that someone would grab it off the freebie shelf but lets give that a shot and hope no one does.

You might have a better chance if Holly @Holliday labels it with a piece of tape with your name on it … No guarantee, but most people would respect that.

1 Like

How about we meet first and what you don’t want can go to the free shelf?

I legit only need 1 of them so the rest could go there anyhow :slight_smile:

I want it to be convenient for you as well so no need for a special trip. I think like Chris said, if you put my name on it, it theoretically should be ok. and feel free to write directly onto the cardboard, that doesn’t affect my thing.

1 Like

You could put one labeled with Steve’s name on it in the sewing room under the ping-pong table. Then he could retrieve when convenient. (I am sewing sig leader, so I can authorize that.)

2 Likes

That would work too, thank you Judy!

@Holliday just wanted to let you know I was brought some boxes by a friend yesterday who saw this thread, you don’t need to bring them for me anymore. I wanted to save you the effort. Thank you for being excellent!

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

The boxes are smashed down -ish on the free shelf. I made sure they were ON the shelf. There are also some tri-wall cardboard pieces that would be cool for projects or packing things.

1 Like