Anyone want an amp to experiment on?

Hi! This is a weird one but bear with me.

I have a defective Bose amp made for a 2010 Mazda3. When plugged in, it made my car blast machine gun sounds at top volume when I turned the car on. (Sorry neighbors)

This was a few years ago, Bose sent me a free replacement amp and I switched them out without any issues. However, I held on to the faulty amp just for fun. I was finally going to throw it out, but I wanted to know if anyone is interested in using it for no-risk learning or experimenting? I don’t need it back.

Here is a link describing the problem, it was extremely common in Mazda3s from 2010-11: https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/bose-system-malfunction-possible-short-bad-amp-35615/

TLDR: does anyone want a free amp to mess with?

(*I’m asking because I know some people paid a pretty penny to have theirs repaired, so it might be a useful skill to learn for those interested in auto repairs)

1 Like

Hi!

My friend and I would be interested in it. We are working on building our own amps, so would be a fun project.

If you still have it/want to get rid of it how would you like to hand it off?

–Josh/Snow

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll be at the space tomorrow afternoon, or I can swing by this weekend if you want to meet up. If not I can drop it off on the shelves in the auto section. Feel free to DM me :grin: