Anyone need steel?

1 1/2in. X 6 in X 24 in bar stock

I believe 1080? It’s scrap from fork lift repair. Anyhow its exceptionally beefy bar stock scraps that could be useful to someone. They’re far too nice to just throw at the bottom of the fence to thwart doggie digging like he planned and I’ve some paying forward to do :smirk:

Apparently he also has access to god awful amounts of foam eggcrate from shipping containers in the parts dept.

How many do you have? I would like one or two of them if I may. I can meet you almost anytime at DMS. I will, however, be in Houston from Thursday to Sunday of this week.

if there’s a few I could use one as well. Got blade project I’d like to complete at the space.

I’d like up to two of them: are they free or for sale/trade?

I’d like to use part of one to make some fullers for my own use and put the rest towards some tooling for the Forge Press at DMS.

Edit: On re-reading, I see they are longer than I thought: two would be plenty for my uses.

I have two and am planning to come to the space next weekend. At present they are free just heavy AF so I’d rather not try to get them on the shelf :joy:. The RBNO guys and @richmeyer helped my kiddos so donating these back to someone else at the space is fitting for them. Honestly if whoever uses them squares them up the cut off would probably be a good start to a blade

@HankCowdog if it’s for comittee use I’ll of course give preference to that. I’ll check with Mr. Moose on when/if he may have more. He thought I’d want them for metalsmithing but they aren’t smooth enough

One would probably be enough for the committee: 24” would make two 6” pairs of dies for the press (or 3 4” pairs, depending on how we decide to proceed).

I’ll be at DMS Wed for a 6pm class if you want help unloading.

No weekdays for me, at least not for a while. It doesn’t matter who helps unload. I just will require some. I’m positive they are well above my approved lift limits.

No worries. If it works with your schedule, I’ll also be at DMS Sunday to teach a Blacksmithing class from 10-3. We’ll be out back and will have the trailer open.