Anyone need anything done?

Does anyone at DMS need any landscaping, home repair, or construction done? I just had a bunch of my clients cancel their appointments. I’m self-employed, so the government sends no money my way if there is a bailout. Right now i am offering a 25% discount on labor costs (that’s $15.00/hour) for all DMS members if you message me on talk.

3 Likes

Sending pm

1 Like

Do you have a website by chance?

I have a Facebook page

1 Like

Hi: Do you know how to assemble a table saw?

1 Like

I hope ( and I think ) you’re wrong about not getting any assistance. I believe there is a provision in the stimulus for self employed people. You ( and many like you ) are exactly who need and deserve the funds. I would suggest you look into that lest you miss something the you deserve. Unfortunately, that may not help you anytime soon.

Yeah I think anyone whose income falls under the limit is eligible for the bailout checks, but it’s based on recent tax returns so if one was working for folding cash and not reporting the income, that would present a problem.

I think (but I’m not sure) that self-employed folks who don’t pay unemployment taxes will have an issue claiming unemployment benefits with TWC.

Not suggesting any of that is the case here.

I think self employed can get the $1200 check. They do not qualify for unemployment, but they have to apply for it before applying for assistance from the disaster relief fund.

I had a conversation with a lady who’d heard on TV (I think) that there was a form that people without an income could submit to receive the stimulus. Unfortunately, none of the 3 names of the form she gave me were on the IRS website, which states “we don’t know yet – check back later – don’t call us”. Not in quite those words, but that’s the intent.

I envision the folks working at the IRS pounding their heads on their desks when Congress comes up with this sort of thing. Generally, it seems to take them a couple of months to get a form created, approved, and available for filing. Although, it could’ve been pure speculation and “fake news” she was listening to.

From NYSlimes: I read it so you don’t have to…

Will I have to apply to receive a payment?

No. If the Internal Revenue Service already has your bank account information, it will transfer the money to you via direct deposit based on the recent income-tax figures it already has.

When will the payment arrive?

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said he expected most people to get their payments within three weeks.

If my payment doesn’t come soon, how can I be sure that it wasn’t misdirected?

According to the bill, you will get a paper notice in the mail no later than a few weeks after your payment has been disbursed. That notice will contain information about where the payment ended up and in what form it was made. If you couldn’t locate the payment at that point, it would be time to contact the I.R.S. using the information on the notice.

1 Like

You don’t have to apply for the $1200 but the disaster relief thing I think you do.

2 Likes

Yes, you can get an extra $600 unemployment (after the $1200 Treasury cheque), if you become unemployed because of Corona.