Anyone know anywhere that does tool repair?

Thanks! Yeah, it is a job-site type saw so easy to load in my car. I am about an hour away from there so 10 is kinda early, but if we can meet at around 11am or noon that would be perfect! If not, I can get up early if I need to.

No worries on the time, no need to alter your plans. I’ll stick around until you get there.

2 Likes

Here are the brushes. They have continuity between the brass ends and the carbon blocks on both of them.

2 Likes

Ok, I will see you tomorrow morning then

1 Like

$20 says that after you dump it in the car and rattle it around driving around DFW and [some gender non-binary term]-handle it into the 'Space and onto a bench, it starts right up.

5 Likes

Really dumb question that might already be asked and answered, but have you checked that the outlet has power? Like whatever happened didn’t trip the breaker?

2 Likes

Well I hope so. I already rattled it on over there today hoping someone might be there who would be able to help while I was showing my mom around (she just moved here). That didn’t do the trick but you never know

1 Like

Have you checked that you have 110 between the 2 wires on the motor when you have the saw plugged in and turned on?

That’s a binary test. Yes = bad motor. No = something in the wiring between the plug to the wall and the motor.

1 Like

Off-topic, but that is a tried and (often) true method for curing a horse suffering from colic. A ten minute ride in the trailer to the vet and the symptoms disappear.

2 Likes

Yes, it has power for sure. There are other things running from the same outlet no issues.

1 Like

I haven’t checked this specifically. Would I measure from the plug leads or what?

Wherever the power actually enters the motor casing would be a good test point as close to the motor as possible, the other one would be the brush contacts (inside the motor) if you can get a meter in there safely.

1 Like

A bit of an update. With Doug’s help we were able to isolate the power switch as the likely failure. Turns out this model of table saw uses a somewhat atypical switch design to facilitate the brake mechanism. Therefor, it doesn’t seem to be behaving properly based on its wiring diagram. I will swing by parts warehouse on monday to see if they have the part, and if not order it online which should take around 2 weeks. After it arrives and is installed, we can see if anything else in the system is a problem.

9 Likes

How’d she fare?

No luck unfortunately. I installed the new switch and still no signs of life.

2 Likes