Anyone know a reasonable flat bed tow truck driver/company?

I need a guy tomorrow and would like to deal with an owner/operator or family run tow company. Someone that is grateful for the business.

I’ve used Two-bit tow in the past. Not sure they cover your area.

I used Graham’s in Carrollton a year ago to move my 1953 GMC on the flatbed. They helped me out after the company I scheduled a tow with no showed. The price was very reasonable and they were there in less than an hour (on a Saturday mid-day and the truck was in Carrollton).

1 Like

@Photomancer @whoneeds8 Thanks dudes!

Went with Graham’s. It all goes down by marsh and Royal….They are charging $165 + $10 for fuel….seems reasonable.

My non-starting car gets here tomorrow on a 9x transport gets here tomorrow….yay!

They loaded it with a forklift in Tampa……super curious how they unload with a flatbed tow truck….but my new homeboy says they do it all the time……video to come in a new thread. Also, likely a tread of my journey from salvage title to rebuilt.

2 Likes

So here’s how they unloaded it….

1 Like

Now to the surprises……

Surprise #1 - obviously didn’t run start or drive….copart said it did……no biggie $35 positive terminal on Amazon. The super cool flatbed driver lowered the car in the alley….in 10 minutes I swapped in the cable. He used his 300A portable jump box and BAM she fired up.

Surprise #2 - rear driver’s side window….I’m pissed about this one!

Copart’s pic:

Transport driver’s pickup pic:

Surprise #3 - passenger side air curtain was deployed. It was hidden in all pics……

All said and done it’ll be an adventure.

2 Likes