Anyone into archery?

Very interesting how different cultures evolve weaponry for various reasons. I loved the Yumi story.
The venerable bow has taken game, quelled enemy attacks and changed history numerous times. I have both a re-curve and a compound bow for deer hunting. It is much more challenging and difficult to harvest a deer with a bow than a high power rifle.

Years ago, a group of my friends and I decided to bow hunt on a large deer lease I had access to. We went to the Bronco Bowl (https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/xdb04) to practice as they were one of the best archery ranges in town at the time. We spent hours on the indoor archery range refined our technique and improving our accuracy. It was very interesting and enjoyable. The Bronco Bowl is closed now though.

It was a lot of fun to hunt with the bow, although only a couple of us were successful taking a deer. The arrows are usually reusable, too. (Unless, of course, your game rolls over on the shaft of the arrow.)

Yeah that was quite a few years ago. I took my wife to a Garbage concert there not long before they closed. During that concert someone hit a power pole and knocked the power out. They continued with the show in the dark.

I have been convenienced by the location of that Home Depot that took its spot, a few times.

Yup. It’s interesting how far back the current yumi design dates back to.

This is a very interesting way to hold an arrow …

1 Like

So you want to research the Mongolians for short bows shot from horseback, because having between one to two thousand kids wasn’t good enough for old Gengis.

Yes, I’m “into archery” let’s meet-up if interested in Compound Bows. Matthews, Hoyt, Prime, etc.

1 Like

He’s got a death grip on that bow in the thumbnail… should be in the middle and thumb with the index as a guide.

Here is the first part … it is actually the video I meant to post …

1 Like

Did this every go anywhere? Is there an archery SIG at DMS?

Hatcher’s is talking about doing all kinds of weaponry.

1 Like

Do you want to get one started? You just need to gather people interested and setup a meetup.