Anyone interested in taking a bicycle repair class?

Id definitely be down for a derailleur adjustment class. I would think that could be stand alone if students brought in their bikes that need adjusting. I can pretty much do all the other basic maintenance, but derailleurs have never sync’d with my brain and I cant seem to learn that one via videos.

1 Like

Soo… does anyone teach a class now?

I’ve been busy and haven’t gotten around to it. If you happen to be at makerspace today im in the machine shop now and will be at machine shop committee meeting. We could talk through what you want to know.
Randy

1 Like

@rlisbona You have pretty good list up at the top of the thread. My particular areas of intrest is around gears, cables and how to true up a wheel/ replace spokes.

i can teach beginners class easy. replace tire and brake adjustments. as early as 2 weeks from now when my summer semester is over.

I would actually love an advanced class on derailleur adjustments and wheel truing

2 Likes

All I know how to do is clean my chain and adjust the brakes. I would love to learn how to replace my own tires and brakes. I’d be down. Generally weekends or like late Wednesday is usually fine for me.

I kind of have no idea what everything else is :grimacing:

Third for wheel truing as a class. Can’t ever seem to get it quite right…

Can lend a repair stand for the class/on short-term basis as needed.