Anyone interested in learning to Live Stream their projects?

I was wondering if anyone was interested in learning to live stream their projects online?

There is an entire community on Twitch.tv dedicated to creative people.

Topics include:
Painting
Illustration
Drawing
Music
Food
Animation
Glass
Sculpting
Fiber Arts
Programming
Game Development
Leather working
Sewing
Metal Working
3d Modeling
Cos Play
Comics
and many more

Check them out here …

3 Likes

I think it would be great if we had someone from each committee doing this from Dallas Makerspace to represent each area … it would get our name out and perhaps get new members as well …

They need some more categories to capture the Makerspace/Hackerspace experiences…

• Adventures in procurement
  • No really, who wants to be chair
  • Epic cursing while trying to get something to work
  • Creative tool abuse
  • Tom Sawyer-ing
  • Horse trading
  • Emergency sanitation
  • I’m not sure that’s really up to code…
5 Likes

I’ve suggested this idea before for VCC but it fell on deaf ears but at this time we’re mulling over doing a newsletter with content surrounded around retrocomputing, microcomputer design, and computer history leaning towards learning more than makery.

However I do have a YouTube Channel for screencast on DevOps topics https://www.youtube.com/c/Devopscast.

But… I wouldn’t mind volunteering for a little game dev or programming live streams.

I don’t know about live streaming but it could make a funny video … haha

Just a reminder… It’s preferred that we spell out, “Dallas Makerspace” instead of using DMS - especially for mention/media/posts outside of our personal correspondences for a few reasons, including the fact that “Dallas Makerspace” is easier to Google to figure out what we are (and because when Googling “DMS” - a lot of results that have nothing to do with us come up…). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Unless it is the Insoniac Channel, I doubt anyone wants to watch me code…

It might be interesting … I don’t know …depends on if you can talk to yourself …haha

Check out Programming Twitch

I don’t know… Bisqwit has some really great videos that’s like watching Bob Ross code if he was a programmer.

I have considered using Facebook live to stream to my friends on there. A lot of my Facebook friends have been asking about DMS so I think live streaming on there is a good option to show them how things work. At least for my situation.

1 Like

Every now and then my workgroup will do a screen-sharing session, which is unexpectedly amusing watching the group manager wear out the backspace button trying to smash out SQL on demand while also narrating a process or instructing someone on what to do.

I did an entire live stream series on my Prusa i3 mk2 kit build on Youtube. I bet it gets kind of boring but it’s cool to be able to chat with people live asking questions.

1 Like

Not too bad video.

I subscribed btw: