Anyone Have a >>Working<< Benchtop Drill Press?

Posting on behalf of Glassworks Committee (but purposely not under that forum):

Does anyone have a decent, working benchtop drill press sitting unused and/or collecting dust in their garage (or wherever)? Glassworks committee could really use one. New ones are not that expensive, so just looking for a straight-up donation, please.

Thanks…

1 Like

There are some super cool 3d printed super simple dremel drill presses that maybe 3d fab could whip up until a actual replacement is found

That’s pretty neat, actually.

But the GW committee will need one with a little more “oommpphh”, like this:

1 Like

I have one I got for free from another member. Works great except the drill chuck has no key. If you want to buy a new chuck for the drill I could donate it.

3 Likes

I think so. If new chuck is required, the make/model will help me research that cost…do you know, offhand?

Finding out what chuck needed is pretty easy. Remove the old chuck & measure for the taper.

1 Like

After some research and discussion, I don’t think @IanLee’s drill press will work for this. Thanks, though, Ian!!

So, there is still a BOLO in effect for a suitable, working benchtop drill press donation, if you’ve got one sitting around.

2 Likes

I have one of those metal slides to hold a rotary tool, IF noone else has the better stronger actual drill press

1 Like

Weird coincidence. Saw this one yesterday for sale at the “Dirt Cheap” store on trinity mills and marsh. It was marked at $119.00 before the 40 percent discount. So it would be around 71.60 before tax. Not a bad deal for a new drill press. I know you were wanting a donation, but I just thought I’d mention it because I thought it was funny that you were looking for that exact one. You can find some good deals on tools at those stores. Just be sure to check them first to make sure they aren’t missing anything and that they work.

1 Like

Thanks…that’s really helpful. I don’t the the committee has a problem spending a bit of money. I am a cheap bastard so I just thought it was prudent to see if there was a win-win scenarios out there…free drill press for us, someone gets the kick-in-the-pant’s to clear out an used tool from their garage or attic.

I suspect the eventual solution will be to get a new drill press…maybe this one if someone doesn’t beat us to it now that everyone knows! :–)

3 Likes