Anyone else interested in Welding classes for 27 October?

I didn’t see any welding classes on the weekend and I didn’t know if anyone else was interested in a Welding Processes and Safety class as well as a TIG welding class for the last Saturday in October.

There’s two TIG classes and a safety class for this weekend.

Are you offering to teach them or are you interested in attending?

Attending. I’ll be busy this weekend and won’t be able to make it.

I’ve been TIG welding for 6 years, is it possible to audit any of the welding courses where I come in and take a test to show that I know how to use the equipment or do I still need to take the welding classes? I’m new to DMS and I thought I would ask.

Every once in a while (quarterly?) I do a “show me you can weld” class where I just set of an hour and a half for sign offs and have people set up and take down the equipment and make some test beads for me to show that they do know what they are doing. I don’t have one currently scheduled, but it’s been a bit so maybe late this month or early next.

As of right now, I’m the only TIG instructor, so whatever my schedule looks like is what you get, and I tend to teach welding classes once a month on average. If you miss me this weekend, that may be it for a while.

After that the only people that could qualify you are the chair and vice chair of the metal shop @hon1nbo and @TBJK. If they choose to qualify you, you’ll still need to take the DMS welding safety class (which I’m also teaching this weekend) or the new Hot Work safety class before you can start welding so you get a good dose of how we do things and some of the rules we have that are metal shop specific.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll look at when the next Hot Work safety class is so I can at least get that part taken care of.

I’ll keep an eye out for the “Show me you can weld” class.

I was asking this because I live down in Killeen so for me I have to plan out a trip to DMS. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I am interested in a ladies only class if possible, but not that weekend.

I won’t do a ladies only class just like I wouldn’t do a men only class.

All genders or non-genders are allowed in my classes.

3 Likes

Yes, please

I’m interested in a welding class! Last weekend of the moth is bad for me

I’d love to attend a welding class is there a class scheduled?

I would like to attend