Anyone at the space right now 9.26? 3.22pm

anyone at the space right now 9.26? 3.22pm

how many 3d printers are there working? last i checked on fri we had two up and one down~ far lefty was gone to shop >_<

help me save an hr driving just to check :stuck_out_tongue:

@maxk68

Max … the tool status board says 3 of the four are not working. It says only Lefty is working.

If this isn’t correct, please let me know and I’ll update it.

1 Like

as of 9/23 far righty was working when i was there for a bit~ but far lefty and righty were down~

1 Like

all were working but far lefty when I was up there earlier

2 Likes

Thanks. I have updated the tool status board accordingly.

1 Like

Is there a camera feed in the 3D room available similar to ones for auto lift and Multicam such that people could check it to see if printers were up-n-running and available for use? No sure who the Cable Guy is for this…@Kentamanos?

There isn’t, but it could be very easily added. I think it’s harder to tell if a 3D printer is in use from a still image, but if @axeonos wants me to add a 3DFab camera, I’ll do it. FWIW, I think one of the printers is out of camera range (Far Lefty).

The External site to view the current Status of the 3D Printers is accessible again.

Please note: You will only be able to see the status of the current print job - NOT the cameras (until they have been replaced); and, there is never any guarantee that a printer will be available by the time you get to the 3D Fab Room - they often have queues and stay pretty busy!

I went ahead and set the 3D Printer Status Overview page to be able to be viewed externally again - so the actual print job status can be checked that way…

As has been mentioned, it would be pretty easy for Kent to configure a 3DFabCam; but, Axie would have to approve the request…

One thing that I would like for everyone to keep in mind is that with the name boards and wait queue, IF a 3DFabCam is set-up, members will need to have another way to provide their contact information (usually their phone number), so personal information is not easily view-able from the outside. There are already pockets on the backs of the name boards for proxies to be identified. Perhaps that concept can be expanded to be a place where personal information (like phone numbers) can be written, and leave the front of the name boards for just first name and last initial - or something similar.

@axeonos ~ would you like for Kent to set up a 3DFabCam for the room - similar to the LiftCam and CNC Router Cam?

1 Like

buzzing at 2:30 in the morning from my phone awoke me- axie is on vacation in vegas right now-

yes axie would like this. kent please do the thing. same thing lisa

axie going back to bed.

3 Likes

Done:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/cgi-bin2/cam?cam=3dfab

3 Likes

you guys are awesome this whole thread went way above my expectations and fast too haha~ i appreciate all the work yall put into this thank you x 10000000325352 xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 Like

Totally Makerspaced the shit outa this one!

1 Like