Anybody need Hot Process Safety before a Dynatorch class? 2021

Is there anyone who wants a Dynatorch (CNC Plasma) class who needs to take the Hot Process Safety class first?

Hi,

I took the training in May 2017. I have not used the machine in a few years.

Yesterday I was at the Makerspace and I could not login to the PC at the machine.

QUESTION: How do I confirm that I am still added to the access list for the machine?

I would also be interested in a refresher course

Thanks,
Derrick

If your fob/card is working, you can check on the little reader-with-a-screen at the end of the table with all the computers on it.

Although – 2017. Was it the Dynatorch? Or was it the other machine? I’m not sure that we switched files, but we might have erased the old file when we changed machines. I’ll try to look you up when I get back to the Space tonight.

While in general all your permissions are there Forever, that only applies if we’re still using the same machine.

2 Likes

This was pre-dynatorch. We got the Dynatorch September 2018.

2 Likes

Got it.

I have all the training material and instructions from when I took the training.

How can I get access to the new machine? I am eager to get a project started and would be interested in 1:1 training if that is possible.

That’s a @Llenclyen question. I only teach the HP Safety. I do know that one reason the old training doesn’t work for the new machine is that there are some differences.

1 Like

There are some similarities would be more accurate. They are both CNC plasma cutters. Pretty much everything else has changed from the torch to the software to the maintenance…
Point remains, however, that a currently active instructor would better equipped to respond. When we first swapped over, we did require everyone to re-cert (or more correctly, cert for the current equipment), but we also (attempted to) run some classes just for previously certed folks. Don’t really do that now, so…

1 Like
1 Like

The class for the 30th has now posted.

2 Likes