Any Vectric Aspire users?

I’m just curious if there are any Vectric Aspire users here.
We use Vcarve Pro around here because they don’t offer a makerspace edition that allows it to be used on a distributed network. I upgraded years ago with my own purchase and am just wondering who else uses it or whether anybody has a interest in it or in a bootcamp.
It’s pricey at $2k but if you want to do your own 3d work, it can be worth it.

Vcarve can import a “single” stl. This is something I want to explore. The limits are probably intended to push to Aspire.

@nicksilva are you using it with Fusion 360?

I have used it but mostly to do the CAD (very inventor like).
I prefer MasterCam for the CAM. I consider F360 an intermediate program. The problem occurs that F360 doesn’t see STL objects as a solid body so you can’t select them directly. However, as a weird workaround if you pull an STL object into a solid block, it will then let you select it so you can create a 3d toolpath on it. Hopefully, it’s advanced since then.

You’re right that VC can import a single STL and that’s a recent addition with VC8 and on. Aspire lets you import and merge as many as you want. When I’m in a 3d state of mind, I use my Aspire for creating the toolpaths. Longest run so far is 13 hours.

1 Like

I’ve been using Aspire for many years (started with ver 2.5 now using 10). I’ve never used Vcarve so I can’t make any informed opinions, but will say I’ve used many CAM programs and so far Aspire is about the best bang for the buck you can get and most of it’s competitors have fallen to the wayside.

I’ve never been able to make it to one of the boot camps but would be interested if we could get one here in the DFW area.