Any interest in class to make beard/hair oils?

Anyone have any interest in learning the process of making a beard or hair oil?

The class would cover: which oils are best to use and why, the difference between a carrier oil and nutrient rich oil (and appropriate volumes for use), skin safe Essential Oils and their properties, the principles of EO combining for fragrance, and how to substitute oils when allergies are a concern.

7 Likes

The geek with high-maintenance curly hair is very interested in hair oils! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

My beard says YES! Do you also know how to mix them with a wax? I like the hold of a light beeswax, but don’t know how to mix without the wax wanting to separate.

Yeah, I can cover that too and give you my balm recipe. its all about the right ratios.

1 Like

You even have to ask?

I make my own mustache wax out of beeswax, coconut oil, and frankincense with a little rosemary essential oil added.

You can vary the ratios to make a firmer holding wax or a softer balm.

I make small quantities by heating an Altoids tin on the base of an electric coffee maker (protected with aluminum foil). Takes about 10 minutes, but gets hot enough to melt the wax safely and allows the frankincense to diffuse into the oil.

Stir a bit and let cool, then test.

Too stiff? Break some off and add more oil, then reheat to combine.

Too soft? Remove some and add more beeswax and reheat.

Weigh the wax before you start and after you’re done and build a recipe that works for you.

4 Likes

I’m interested!