Any interest in a photographer's group?

Photography sig channel is go on discord. Here’s a link that will take you directly to the chat, but also gives you direct access to all of the other DMS channels.

4 Likes

Thank you Pearce for setting this up for us!

1 Like

Thank you very much for doing this.

I’m in Flower Mound and would be willing to host an evening event (after 6pm typically or on a Sunday) for this group in the future.

I have a wide 44" format printer, along with a PC running Photoshop CS6 with lightroom and a meager 4k monitor.
This is housed inside my custom framing store / art gallery on Justin Road

For those that are members of this photography SIG at DMS - I would be open to making this a semi regular event if there is interest.

I’ve had a handful of DMS members up here framing their photos & memorabilia with a few lessons on how to program one of the two computerized mat cutters, how to cut glass, wood, etc and put everything together.

14 Likes

You are truly generous to your fellow Makers - in many areas besides this area.

Thank you

3 Likes

Thanks David!

I do try to lend a hand when I can.

P.S. For the record - I am NOT a photographer. I am a very happy “point and shoot” camera digital camera owner.

4 Likes

Hey Tom,

Thank you. You may not remember but you helped me frame a photo in your store about a year or so ago. I am sure there will be interest, in fact that has already been expressed at our informal first meet. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if you were the same ‘David’ !

Weds evenings I am usually at the store well past the posted closing time of 6pm. That is typically a night when a local ‘maker’ comes by to knock out his vintage memorabilia for his collection.

3 Likes

From FloMo myself. Very interested!

Next meetup is tomorrow.

2 Likes