Any interest in a photographer's group?

Are DMS members interested in creating a group of photography enthusiasts? For things like walks, shows, trip short and long, and others. I have browsed the wiki and the links I found for photography interests are mostly dead or 404’s. If I missed an active group, disregard the above and please point me in the right direction :slight_smile:.

Thanks
David

7 Likes

I’d be interested. 234567

Ditto :blankspace: :slight_smile:

Completely untalented but still interested.

1 Like

Well, 4 people sounds like a group to me. As I am fairly new to DMS, I’ll look around to see what exactly constitutes a ‘group’. Can we make a group wiki? Do we setup anything that makes us a group? I’ll look around. In the meantime, what kind of photography do you all do? What do you use for post processing (lightroom, etc…etc…).

I have my photos here… http://www.ianni.com/. Would you share yours?

Later,
David

My suggestion: Pick a date and time and submit as an Event so it show up in the calendar system. It will stay in the queue for 48 hours before being released to the Event Calendar.

When you submit, post to Talk announcing the day time and it will appear in 48 hours. Then every couple of days before the Event, post a reply or something so that topic reappears at the top of Talk.

You can ask about specific areas of interests. At the first meeting you’ll get a good aide of where it’s going.

Possible SIG under Digital Media??
Can also recommend Dallas Camera Club.
http://www.dallascameraclub.org/

1 Like

I am very interested. I need to learn so I can do good posts on my website.
A friend, who was a professional, told me the best way to learn is take a beginners class. Or hang with photographers.

Thank you for the tip and direction.

I don’t think I have enough to teach (not even close) but I am all in for conversations and ‘field’ practice.

1 Like

Maybe we can get a couple of folks together and go out on a short trip.
I live up in Denton and there are plenty of good shots up here, country, Generica, coyotes, etc.
I have a couple of cameras but not much eye for good composition.

I gave away a couple of good books on digital photography and now I need them. LOL.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

1 Like

All those sorts of things can be discussed at the first meeting.

Just working on getting the ball rolling somewhere.

Oh, I used the drill press and got my banjo reamed out.
It was amazingly easy.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

1 Like

That is a great idea. I am in Highland Village… just south of you. Look forward to brainstorming. David

I assume you mean you drilled it out and not reamed - since putting a reamer in a drill chuck can ruin it.

Semantics are for the educated. You are correct. Drilled.
I just had a mental stop that I overcame. Comes from growing up on a
farm and being too young to work on the equipment. I had three older brothers
and the philosophy was, “Don’t try to fix it if you don’t know how. We can afford
to have any equipment go down.” Kind of put a damper on my adventuring into
new mechanical venues.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
[email protected]

1 Like

Ah, now learned at: Drilling verses Reaming.

If you take Lathe class you’ll find that same tool that you used drill … is bores! We don’t like things to be easy to understand.

I try not to be “boring” but memorable.

1 Like

I’m interested as well.

Just setup a 1st meeting for next Tue. The rooms are almost all booked for that time of day. Personally, I would be fine meeting somewhere else once the ball is rolling, if necessary. Let me know what you think. Thanks David

1 Like