Another metal pen class coming up

The metal body pen class has gone over pretty well - probably due to the Rock/Paper/Scissors death match at the end to see who wins the pen.
Anyway, I’m offering it again in January Friday the 13th so those that didn’t get in last time, keep an eye out for it to appear on the calendar.

5 Likes

This is a great class, even if you don’t win the pen. You can see how those concepts you were taught in (metal) lathe basics actually work and you get to put your hands on the lathe and participate. I recommend taking this class if you get a chance.

3 Likes

Thanks Nick (@nicksilva ) for helping out tonight with my first pen! It turned out great.

I highly recommend the pen turning class if you want a simple project that will help you learn each of the basic lathe skills.

2 Likes

I would strongly encourage anyone interested in turning metal pens try to make it to one of @nicksilva’s classes - even if you already know how to turn a wooden pen! Not only did I learn how to do more things with the metal lathe - including but not limited to learning how to turn a metal pen on it; but, I also learned very important differences in the processes of turning a wooden pen on the wood lathe vs turning a metal pen on the metal lathe! Thanks again Nick! :dms: :plasmacam_smiley:

1 Like