Angled Build Plate holder for Elegoo Mars Pro?

I saw this build plate angled holder on Thingiverse. It’s used for holding the build plate over the resin tank after printing, while the resin is draining off.

This one stays permanently mounted on the build head. In contrast, the one that came with the Mars is a separate piece, and you need to do a three-handed juggling switch to get it mounted while it’s dripping all over the table.

Would anyone be willing to print this? The information on Thingiverse suggests it could just as easily be FDM printed.

4 Likes

Never mind me. Just my inner child giggling that a company with “goo” in its name needs a part like this.

2 Likes

Currently printing one. If it completes successfully I’ll bring it to the 'space on Monday or Tuesday.

5 Likes

Thanks mucho, señor !

The weekend print worked fine. I installed the angled holder on the machine in jewelry. It seems to work. I’m satisfied enough with it’s operation that I’ll print another for the machine in 3D fab.

A note in it’s operation (using one hand), after the build plate screw is loosened, the build plate will swivel. As a result I used my thumb to aid in placing the holder in the tilted position onto the z-axis. That said, the angled holder is currently set up for right hand use.

5 Likes

Thank you, kind sir!