An idea that might work - "Friends of DMS" - Fundraising idea

This is obviously not a new idea but it might be something worthy of trying here at the space. Feel free to discuss. How much do we make in monthly donations? Could that use a boost? @Team_Finance

I’m a big fan of The Cedars Union down in Dallas. I’ve taken my students to tour and talk with an artist who is working out of the space. It’s NOT Dallas Makerspace with it’s vast offerings - it is a makerspace resource for working artists - both in studio gallery space, teachings, and tools. You should go check it out. A brewery is right next door to boot!

I’m stealing this off The Cedars Union email that was just sent out

I signed up for updates about the organization via the website.

Email stated:
The Cedars Union is launching a donor group for people who celebrate the creation of new works of art, the artists who push beyond personal limits, and the North Texas community that drives their work. Your friendship keeps our not-for-profit spaces, resources, and programming affordable to working and emerging artists and bolsters an ambitious mission for the future of Dallas-Fort Worth as a national arts center.

Behold our new limited-edition thank you gifts, made exclusively for the Friends of The Cedars Union.

Level Amount *
$100 - GOLD (one special edition Cedars Union t-shirt)
$50 - COPPER (one Owl of Minerva copper and enamel pin)
$150 - BOTH (t-shirt & pin)

1 Like

If there are volunteers to create the assets and handle the packaging and mailing of pins and/or shirts when and if they are purchased/donated for, I don’t see why we couldn’t do this. I does require a commitment by someone(s) who believe in this program and is willing to see it through. Otherwise, it will backfire as we promise more than we produce.

Agreed 100%

1 Like

I think this is doable, but we would need volunteers to commit to doing it for a trial run period and get together weekly to mail everything out.

I’d be willing to volunteer for this!

1 Like