An end-mill, an end-mill! My kingdom for an end-mill!

A friend and fellow DMS member has a cosplay event in the very near future. His character carries a sword. In the not too distant past he thought to himself, “Hey, making one out of wood using the MultiCam seems like a good idea.” But, he is not yet trained to use the MultiCam. Having successfully built a few things with that machine he asked me for help. As a perennially optimist I told him, “Hey, no sweat!”.

Well, there has been sweat. Lots of sweat. Fortunately nothing has stopped progress. Just slowed it. Until Friday. Argh! I had no idea the Woodshop had stopped stocking end-mills. The entire inventory consists of three 3/8" flat nose end-mills. While they are certainly useful they are a terrible choice for something with a curved hilt, handle, and pummel.

TL;DR: So, this is a call for help. Anyone willing to loan / sell / trade me a 1/4" ball nose end-mill for a one to two hour MultiCam job please let me know.

Easiest may be to go on Amazon and buy one. (Prime gets it to you pretty quickly.) While I don’t have a ball nose, the Whiteside and Amana bits I have purchased have worked well. Definitely would have loaned if I had one.

1 Like

Rockler, Wood World, and WoodCraft should have some in stock as well.