Aluminum flat bar

Did we toss all of that aluminum flat bar or did we keep some of it? There was a box of it, 1/2" X 2ft. lengths of it with holes and red markings on it.

I haven’t seen any of that around. @nicksilva Have you seen any? All the bar stock we have now is what we bought for classes. Plus it is 1" x 2" . It doesn’t have holes,

crud we had a crap load of it, probably ended up tossing it all in the cleanup, it was perfect for installing leds to raw wood applications, you could just screw those bars to the wood and then lay led strips on that, good for heat displacement as well.

I don’t remember seeing the material when we started the the clean-up a year ago.

How much of was there? You are saying it was red, aluminum, and 1/2" x ? x 24", correct?

it has red markings on it, it was a year ago when i found it and used it in my virtual pin. i would say there was 100 or so bars, aluminum.

Wow, I don’t remember 100+ bars 2’ long.

I don’t remember seeing that. of course I have to point out if it exists it is committee property and is for classes.

It was this stuff, sorry blue markings and 21" in length.

That looks like the raw stock used for the dominos

What about the holes? That’s almost 200 feet of bar stock, that’s quite a pile. I don’t ever remember seeing something like that.

It definitely wasn’t around when we cleaned up a year ago so must have been before that.

I am thinking that Brian may have found a good deal on some stock from some machining run. The holes could have been cut around.

As to what happened to it, stolen probably. He used to keep this stuff under the HAAS I believe.

1 Like

man that sucks…oh well, should of hid that stuff, it goes for nearly 3.00 a bar. it was near those huge box of bits that were encased in that wax stuff.

if it is I’ve cut that up into domino stock. There might be some in the teachers cabinet but as I’ve said that is for classes and not for general consumption.

May have come from Fred’s WoW. I remember bringing over something like that in a long skinny blue bin and putting it behind the Haas. That’s where the aluminum stock and pieces were kept at the time.

1 Like

That looks like burn-in board rails. Like Art said.

1 Like

What size is the minimum you need. I’ve some bits pieces: Wide x Thick x Long. I assume the alloy doesn’t matter.

these were 1/2" x 1/8 x longest scrap you can part with

@fredmiller

Do yuo have anymore of this stuff by chance?

Unlikely. Warehouse was cleared out over a year ago.
Owner cleared out what was left and is in process of remodeling.

1 Like