Altoid tin fire starter kit build day?

Yeah, char cloth is relatively easy to make. I usually try and get a yard of monk’s cloth cut into 1" squares and then stick it in my charring tin on the firepit. Good times, bring marshmallows (note, any 100% cotton will work, Monks cloth i find catches sparks easier)

Probably 20-30 tins. Let me count.

Typically, Alibaba is 3-5 weeks.

Look at eBay 1st to see if you can get the same thing there, usually you can. Alibaba’s customer service is terrible and they side with the vendor at the drop of a hat. eBay is obsessively buyer oriented AND US based. You get significantly better and easier customer service from eBay. It is worth it even if the price is slightly higher.

From experience not an opinion.

1 Like

I feel that way about the tins, too. They make such cool little storage boxes. Now I just need someone to show me how to powder coat them!

1 Like

So would powder coating the tins!

1 Like

Powder coating is a skill I’d like to learn also

1 Like

I assume your tins can fit on a penny.

2 Likes

Don’t encourage me … :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

It’s this a tiny tin, or a gigantic penny?

1 Like

I often think Chris has a giant penny, just to play with our minds…

3 Likes

Same here…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

…or even make some of our own on the press in the metal shop.

2 Likes

Actually - this is a gigantic penny. Every other photo I’ve ever shown has been a real penny but for this one I just couldn’t resist!

5 Likes

Where did you buy such a big penny?!?!?!?
You’re simply so very very talented!

1 Like

Fourth Grade for me. Christmas Day. If you go find an Irving newspaper from 1996 around Christmas you can find mention of it.

Buy?
I’m assuming Chris MADE it, by reversing her shrinkifier, as seen used on all her other projects…:wink:

3 Likes