All Tool Users - need a few moments help updating Tool Status Board

Please take a moment to update the Tool Status board. It only takes a minute and is done by clicking simple radio buttons. Everyone has permission/authority to make changes

@LisaSelk recently updated the structure. Many statuses were old. Nearly all the machines are set to Yellow/Degraded in order to prompt a conscious update.

If you have (recent) personal knowledge of any specific tool/machine, please spend a moment updating its status. You would check the appropriate radio button and also select the correct option from the pull-down menu. Successful updates will give you a message that the tool status has been updated.

1 Like

Chris, could we get the Roland Metaza MPX-80 added

1 Like

@LisaSelk … next time you do an update, can you please delete the laminator and replace it with the Roland Metaza engraver? Do you want me to put in an Iss/Req “ticket”?

1 Like

No need this time. I thought about adding it, but SQUIRREL!! I realized that there are other changes that probably should be made, but I’m not 100% sure on some of the things. I’m hoping that the @Committee_Chairs will notice this and will speak up about which tools need to be added/removed at this time. Thanks! :smiley:

Why is everything yellow and needing review? Do we have anywhere to add additional information?

Everything is yellow to force us to take a look at the status and make sure it’s correct.

The only “comments” we can add are just those in the pull-down menu.

2 Likes

Everything is yellow to ensure that the committee chairs take a few minutes to make sure that the list of tools is accurate at this time, and for members who know the current status of any tools that they use to take a moment to update the tool statuses…

Any tools that need to be added or removed can be listed on replies on this thread.

Any tools that are down or degraded need to have separate “ISSUE” threads created by someone who knows what the issue is, so the committees will be aware of the issues and begin working on resolving them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry guys I only scan read I didn’t catch it. Getting it updated and squeaky clean.

2 Likes

Thanks Bunches Nicole!! :smiley:

1 Like

Note that you must select both working well radio button and working well description or it ignores the submission

2 Likes

Thanks again for posting this Chris! I know it’s a helpful tool that is important to many users.

It looks like the sections for @Team_Electronics, @Team_Machine_Shop, @Team_Metal_Shop, @Team_Science, and @Team_Woodshop still need to be updated.

Here’s the link again: https://dallasmakerspace.org/cgi-bin/toolstatus.cgi

Please note Brandon’s reminder:

Thanks, Y’all!
:smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. I have updated a few of the tools that I know the condition of.

2 Likes

Thanks ~ it’s much appreciated! :smiley: