All the information about the DMS Picnic May 27th - buy tickets by 23rd

So meta

1 Like

Note: You only get to CUT the ponytail, Iā€™ll bring it home for a proper burial :sob:

It wonā€™t be cut with scissors either - Iā€™ll be bringing the aviation snips, the only way a true metal worker would have it cut.

4 Likes

I think there are places which will take your hair and make wigs for people who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy etc. http://www.locksoflove.org/get-involved/

2 Likes

I think donations have to be at least 10 inches or longer. My sister did that.

From their website:

Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs.

No telling what it would be used for.

Iā€™m sure there are other sites you could consider, too. Older gray haired people get cancer, too. The locksoflove site was an example.:slight_smile:

1 Like

that one actually wasnā€™t fully assembled yet, but it will be by tomorrow! I laser cut the white acrylic last night!

4 Likes

Hardwood Inkle loom
Two bracelets with lava stone beads for essential oils.

My wifeā€™s business card is in the baggie for the bracelets.
Suggested starting values

$10 for the inkle
$15 for each bracelet or the pair starting at $25 if you want to auction them together.

I tried to update the google doc (my last name was spelled wrong, and we put heddle loom (thats my fault) but I dont have write access

1 Like

Fixed it - thank you

So I donā€™t know if I will be able to juggle this - and I have NOOOO room in my freezer. Anyone want to take this on? I think it would be good fun.

@mblatz is offering up 3 2-hour semi-private woodshop tutoring sessions to create an end-grain cutting board. Wood to be purchased by winning bidder. Heā€™s offering two opportunities up for two different people. They will both be at the auction for bidding. Making up the sheets today.

Hereā€™s his writeup:
Woodshop Make-n-Take: End-Grain Cutting Board.

1. Minimum bid: $25
  2. Offer is for up to three (3) 2-hour sessions in the Wood Shop directed toward making an end grain cutting board; days & times TBD by mutual agreement of all participants.
  3. If required, 1 Wood Shop Basics class (about 2 hours) to be conducted; day & time TBD by mutual agreement of all participants.
  4. Cost of materials not included (e.g. wood, glue, butcher block oil); estimated materials cost ~ $30-$45.
  5. This is one of two identical auction items: if you want to do this with a friend or family member, you need to bid on/win both, otherwise you may be doing this with a stranger.
  6. Fair warning: I give iconoclasts, curmudgeons, and misanthropes everywhere a bad nameā€¦
4 Likes

What? There are strangers at DMS?

1 Like

I have no ice either. I can bring the machine to the event, but ice and running, 123 not it.

1 Like

how did you ice for your event?
(Delivery from Emgergency Ice, Reddy Ice, or gallon bucket from Home Depot in the freezer, or OTHER?)
Just curiousā€¦

Emergency ice sold us compress ice blocks. They worked ok, but some just broke apart. I would suggest freezing in tubs. the machine can accept a 5 to 6 inch circumference ice block I wouldnā€™t suggest more than 5 inches tall.

1 Like

Any idea what kinda number we are looking at yet? My wife wants to make sure everyone gets a cupcake at the picnic.

As of my last push today (and I was annoying) we are up to 87 people!
Thank you for paying off the catering people!

2 Likes

With mine and apparently one other last minute ticket purchase, as of a few minutes ago, there are currently 89 tickets purchased. Itā€™s gonna be a great turnout! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well I stayed up till midnight to lock in everyone because I thought it should be done. GET THIS. The number has jumped in the last hour to 93 people coming to the party now.

You last minute peopleā€¦grrrrrr
Remember you can still buy a ticket but youā€™re no longer eligible for door prizes. You can even come to the party with cash in hand but likely we will run into an issue with meat. I will see what can be done.

Hereā€™s the list of names that I have. Itā€™s no view and not edit - if you see an issue please let me know. Iā€™ve already emailed out people for guest names.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on in Column C but some of the pairings made me LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

1 Like