All the information about the DMS Picnic May 27th - buy tickets by 23rd

Same here. I’m a night owl. Sometimes I blame it on a family history in the restaurant business and other times on going to college in California.

I take it you do not know the identity of that $150 bidder…

I do not.
I can see there are only 2 bids, but I cannot see the history, so I don’t know if someone bid $75.00 and then someone else $150, or if the first bid was $1.00… That might help with my “deduction” below.

I have 2 guesses:

1. David Kessinger
  2. Someone else
    :slight_smile:
    I’m guessing if #2 wins, there may, or may not, be a cutting
    If #2 wins, it’s anyone’s game.
    Interesting way to donate $150, either way… :thumbsup:

EDIT: as a yoot in rural Tejas, the church bazaars were all the thing, and they “auctioned off” quilts and pies. The reason you have to use the quotes there, is that the same quilt/pie would come up for bidding, usually, at least 3 or 4 times before it was no longer “redonated”. Sometimes I’d see a coconut creme pie go for $75 more than once (and them was big ol’ dollars to a kid from the sticks!)

2 Likes

Whenever I donate something to a charity auction, I reserve the right to bid on my own item. And I do it to keep it from selling for less than what it had cost me.

Edit: bidding gets rather wild sometimes with the “aw, it’s for charity” mindset some bidders bring. If ours was a live instead of a silent auction, it could have been interesting at the end.

2 Likes

What are the other items in the auction that will be unveiled at the picnic?:
Some of the items are not on hand at DMS FYI and the listings might change.

Book pixie designs @dougemes wife a jewelry piece
hardwood heddle loom by @dougemes
Fired arts - collection of ceramic pieces one by @Nick
Pebble leather fieldstone cover @HankCowdog
Lift class certificates (some will be given away at a drawing)
an original print by @MrsMoose
A few jewelry pieces by @Cairenn_Day
2 yeti tumblers with candy (logo on the yeti) by @jeffbob
3D fab filament bundle
Diffuser necklace by @Julie-Harris
Hand drawn personalized portrait by @Heather_Williamee
Something (coming in Thursday) from Matthew Sallack of Otter Illustrations
Resin Painting by @heyheymama
A photo of a dog eaten laser cut mandala that was supposed to be in the auction but met with an accident from Seth Olson of the famous Olson brothers (not associated with the band)
A self portrait of @JohnK
Chainmail bracelet by @Diplomat
A framed photo by @wandrson
a total of 2 3 session 2 hour (whew-did you understand that) woodshop assistance sessions to make an end-grain cutting board (material cost will be made by the winning bid) @mblatz

Why didn’t they get on the online auction?
When I started this online auction I had four/five of the items on this list on hand. To add extra slots was going to be somewhere in the $60 range. I couldn’t put things on the auction I didn’t have on hand because (let’s be real) it might not make it to DMS. I felt it best to hold off. Next year we will all have more lead time to get everything nicely organized and displayed and advertised. I haven’t been intentionally leaving people off the attention list. I’m amazed at the turnout of this auction. I’m amazed that so many people are giving. This warms my heart. It’s going to be a nice picnic. With more planning we will make it even better. Thank you everyone for being so easygoing and understanding.

Please help me remind people they need to purchase a ticket to go to this event. I don’t know to punch people in the arm about this. I’m afraid we won’t be able to pay for the catering right now.

5 Likes

I had the option of displaying names…I felt it was best to go under the cloak of darkness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you planning to assign starting bid amounts to those?

1 Like

Im going to consult with @MellissaRhodes @Adam_Oas @mreynolds and the donors of the items about what they feel is the best number. If you (or anyone) wants in on the conversation please let me know.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know enough to not be just in the way. The best is to ask the donor.

2 Likes

How many more tickets do we still need to sell to make it?

That would be @creaturecarousel

I was hoping she was going to put up the “asteroids” one even if I may not be able to afford the final price.

I’m bringing a huge vat of pasta salad and I know several people have not bought their tickets including me but I’ll remind everyone I see at the space today. If we have to open up ticket sales one more day would that be a problem?

1 Like

The answer is the deadline for Dickey’s.

I bought three last night. I wasn’t sure I would be able to attend. I’m sure there are others in the same situation. My wife is making cookies to bring, too.

3 Likes

Haaa, that’s very funny! Can we get a photo with John K. and the portrait?

1 Like

Is there a second HobbyTown gift certificate?

That’s recursive, isn’t it?

I have the Snow Cone machine in hand. @uglyknees, Who should I get it to for the event? I don’t want to run it, because I’ll have to wear closed toed shoes

AND

I have a few unopened small containers of tropic punch syrup and snow cone cups left from the Honest 1 Castle Hills grand opening as well. Other flavors will need to be purchased. We also will need ice for the event.

3 Likes

We can sell tickets up till the day of picnic (I think) we can even take cash at the picnic - we’re getting food no matter what at this point to be honest.
The cash people won’t be in the drawing for items just because the basket of names will be based off the attendance sheet.

I have no fear that all in all we won’t be in the hole with this - but in true maker-manner I know everyone will get it done…just close to the wire.

2 Likes

Yes, $45 it’s going to go into a door prize drawing at the picnic going to one lucky recipient. They were very generous with us.

2 Likes