AI file uploaded to RDworks issue

Hi All,

This may be a long shot but maybe someone has felt with this before. We’ve created our file with our logo to be etched using the lasers. When we get to DMS and upload it into RDworks it doubles the logo. Meaning it mirrors it and there are now 2 logo images side by side vs one when it’s viewed in adobe illustrator.

Any ideas? We’ve tried everything we know to do.

I haven’t experienced this, but…

By any chance, is the logo artwork in layers in Illustrator? If so, save the file with a different name, then get all the art into a single layer, then see what happens.

The reason I suggest this is that when I uploaded an Illustrator file a couple of months ago, the art had guidelines. RD works interpreted all of the guidelines as part of the artwork, so the art was in the center of a (theoretically) gigantic page. After deleting the guidelines, the file opened up perfectly in RDworks. Therefore, it stands to reason that it might mis-interpret other innocuous functions in Illustrator.

We checked that but no luck. Another member basically reworked the artwork for us in AI and all is well. Thanks for the reply.

I had this happen to me on Monday. do you happen to know what was done to the native ai file?

1 Like

Here’s the best I can tell you and maybe someone can elaborate if needed. Our logo was in layers in AI and they had to be flattened. Also, some of the files we loaded into AI were not vector files and they were made into vector files. After these changes we had good results.

1 Like