Accessories lists in addition to the tooling lists?

We have lots of accessories without which people couldn’t do projects. I was sensitized to this recently when I wanted to know what accessories we have for pen making. As a result of @talkers great list, I added a Woodshop accessories page.

(1) The only thing on it is the pen making accessories. It would be great if someone would add other relevant woodshop accessory categories.

(2) It would also be great if we did this in some of the other large shops. @nicksilva, @Photomancer … what do you think?

My intent would be to list major accessories or groups of accessories. For instance, I would list that the Machine shop has certain major Bridgeport accessories (6" vise (?), sidewinder vise, rotary table, a set of R8 collets, etc.) but I would not list individual bits or collets.

I can link these from the major Tools list.

If you click through, you will see that the page starts with disclaimers:

Woodshop has an extensive set of accessories that can be used to complete projects. Some consumables are also available. Most consumables have a nominal fee.

This accessories list is intended to give an idea of the types of things that you may find in the Woodshop. Accessories change frequently and this list is not a real-time inventory. There is no guarantee that these accessories will be available, in working condition, undamaged, or stored in the proper location.

3 Likes