About the Woodshop category

The Woodshop Category is for discussion of woodworking in general and governance of the Woodshop committee.

This category is to discuss all wood related projects and talk about the wood shop at the Dallas Makerspace.

Feel free to discuss project ideas, ask for help and offer help as well. If you notice a tool is having an issue or needs some work please send and email to [email protected] and/or post it here.

Be safe and clean up after yourself just like in every part of the space!

@AlexRhodes - Please, please, please update this description. Even a trivial change will allow it to show up in the Topic Categories list.

Thanks in advance,

Mike C

Updated. Sorry it took a while.

any possibility of more weekend woodshop basics classes. They all seem to have been during week nights and I work evenings. any help would be appreciated

I’m a new member & need to be able to use the equipment. I am a wood worker hobbiest but lack all the equipment available at DMS. How do I start training so I can begin? What comes first?

First step is to join, but it looks like you have that out of the way.

Next is get a green dot so you can access the member only spaces. See:

Then watch the calendar for the Woodshop safety basics and the other training you may want. I don’t see one at the moment, but they are usually offered pretty regularly. Sign up using the link on the calendar.
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/

I am also interested in a basic woodshop class 3 so we can use the equipment and take wood classes. There do not seem to be any classes for this posted.