About the Hackerspace category

The VCC Category is for discussion of governance of the VCC Committee, Case Modding, Data Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, PC Computers, Computer Projects, Civic Hacking, and Information Security.

Find us online:

Goal: Curate an interactive vintage computer museum for hands on learning about key milestones in computing and internet history.

Strategy:

• Set up live computers that members can interact with and learn about different “classic/vintage” computing that existed in pre-dotCom days.

• Offer regular courses in programming and computer engineering geared to supporting the machines on displayed at dallas makerspace

• Digital Archiving of software and print from computing/internet/bbs doing the years of 1960-90’s and co-working with computer history, jason scott’s textfiles.com, SDF, and archive.org

• Acquire recognition as a STEM creditable program on a state(TX) and national level for Computer Science, Engineering, History, and Mathematics.

Point of Contact: Dwight Spencer (@denzuko) [email protected], Committee Chair

Hey Lisa, I was trying to update a few things for the committee. Was this appearing on other sections of talk too?!

Yuppers… You had it as a Banner. I was just getting ready to pin it on the Category. I’ll let you have the honors, if you’d like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops… thanks Lisa, sorry about that one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Web Site is updated with our own official domain: http://dmsvintagecomputers.com

1 Like