About the printer paper in Digital Arts

@CaryF300 @Hardsuit @ladysandry @jrkriehn

Anybody else that knows. Digital Media is working on the large format printer, and wants the paper for it that’s in DA – eventually. Anybody got any beefs with that?

This is an odd post.

Do I think digital media needs to become the [latest] home for large format printing?

Nah, since we haven’t had a functional digital media space at dms for about 3 years (maybe more?), I think the establishment of that would be a much better use of time and effort since it’s (sorta) the name of the committee.

After digital media is up, running, and teaching again, I suppose the sky’s the limit…

That’s the impression I’ve gotten also. But – if he can make it work cheaply, who am I to say nay? I just want to make none of my CA/Digital Arts folks want that paper for anything.

2 Likes

FYI, we still have extra refillable cartridges and bulk ink for those printers as well stashed away.

1 Like

ill be getting with you! i started and took it over mostly so i can save us sign and banner costs for pr. Plus i have some experience fixing them so might as well take over, though with the significant cost a minor mistake can do on the machine, and the past history of damage it will be moved over to require training, i will start classes once the new parts are installed.

1 Like

FYI, it always has been a “training required” piece of equipment.

1 Like

As I mentioned to John yesterday, its probably worth bolting a small UPS onto one of the printer legs and running power through that.

I have two units I have acquired ill be doing voltage testing on them and deciding which one to use tomorrow

1 Like