durable
reusable
stackable
:grin:

11 Likes

Hmmmā€¦adds whole new meaning to ā€œTupperware Partyā€. :wink:

1 Like

Hey ā€¦ I take umbrage at that. They are not just for men. :grin:

Sadly, TSA does not consider them to be official containers suitable for transport.

3 Likes

That would be because they cannot be density scanned or xrayed and currency strips cannot be detected through the thicker metal casing and if the seal is still solid you can effectively hide things in them from the dogsā€¦

Also easy to add a lock ring and secure them if you want to make a weather tight lock box you can secure to a jeep.

Now if only they had made the bases and tops a little more like massive legos so you could fill them with foam or sand and make structures from themā€¦ :slight_smile:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that theyā€™re neither dishwasher nor microwave safe.

3 Likes

And they probably donā€™t burp to let you know they are tightly sealed.

Thereā€™s really only one way for us to find out if they are microwave safeā€¦

7 Likes

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Miscellaneous/Ammo-Boxes-Cases/120-MM-MORTAR-SHELL-AMMO-BOX-1-3324.axd

FYIā€¦

1 Like

Hello wasteland storage container

1 Like

Make them lockable, and they become ā€œhard sided luggageā€ and can be used to transport firearms and other valuables and prevent most of the TSA sticky fingers. :wink:

True. But not as ammo containers.

certainly dishwasher safe - Microwave safe once - but the microwave wonā€™t survive itā€¦

1 Like

seal one when itā€™s hot out and just try to open it when itā€™s super coldā€¦ :smiley:

sure - fill that full of 9mm sounds and you will be both poor and unable to move itā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

so - you like cavity searches and missing planes, do you?

1 Like

Nice geocache boxes.

Im not putting a sammich in that

Who geocaches for sammiches?

1 Like

Sammiches are great geocashes

2 Likes

After 9/11, when the TSA forced tools and (non-personal) electronics into baggage instead of overhead, I started losing tools and electronics at an alarming rateā€¦ So I found that the FAA has a rule that if you ship firearms in baggage, they must be in a hard sided case, and you must use a lock that only you have the key or combo forā€¦ so no TSA locks, and no more TSA thievery. You just have to fill out some paperwork when you check your luggage. So I started putting a FAA approved ā€œfirearmā€ in with my electronics and tools in lockable Pelican casesā€¦ My loss rate dropped to nearly zero, and you would be amazed at how quickly your ā€œlostā€ luggage is found when you let them know there is a firearm in it. :wink:

(FAA includes replicas and flare guns in what they consider firearms.)

5 Likes