A treasure trove of maker goodness (Hording Trigger Warning)

Thats too bad, but the sedigraph in the room next to it does have an xray tube, which means it would have a HV power supply in it.

X-ray tube, you say? Iā€™m looking for stuff relevant to the Atomic Energy Interest Group, & that sounds useful for testing radiacs.

The first of the video files

The second of three video files

The third and final of the videos. These represent about 30 minutes of what was a multi-hour tour and donā€™t cover the entire 10,000 square feet of Maker Nirvana.

@Lampy Here is something you might be interested in, I know that I am really tempted by what it contains:
Up to 10kvdc at 5ma, which is nifty

Then you look inside of it and see these:

1 Like

@publius Sedigraph 5000et

Is something like that used for HIPOT testing?

I saw what appeared to be a duct lift. That may be good for light weight mezzanine storage placement.

Or time travel, provided you have a DeLoreanā€¦ ( /joking)

ā€¦Xā€¦

Awesome footage, @wandrson - thanks! Iā€™m not sure what the correct word is for what I saw isā€¦dumbfounded, jealous, awestruck might all apply. I heard Fred make some 8" comments about TI Omni 810/8210 impact line printers. I would love to have one of these units, as they are real workhorses and can really crank out assembly listings in a hurry.

I also am interested in the following and anyoneā€™s comments & observations on whether they saw any of theseā€¦

• TI 990 mainframe computers (990/4, 990/10)
  • 8" floppy drives & diskettes
  • S100 bus PC backplanes and boards
  • IC probe station with optics
  • CRT terminals (Televideo, Lier-Sigler, etc.)

Whatā€™s the best way to set a followup appointment with Fred to get a look at everything, being mindful of not having a bunch of 1-on-1 meetings that drain his time?

Didnā€™t see any TI mainframes
Plenty of 8" drives and floppies ā€“ he gave me three drives and a stack of floppies
I believe I saw a few S100 PC backplanes
IC Probe stations were the business they were in.
A number of CRT terminals including some DECs, but mostly WYSE. He gave Zach and I several.

I suggest sending Fred an email and let him arrange the time. He schedules groups of us to help facilitate.

Iā€™ve been looking for old magnetic-deflection circular CRTs. I have a use for that kind of thing.

Well, lots of other stuff too, obviously, including radiacs, & vacuum capacitors with uranium-glass envelopesā€¦

I am also interested in PLC. I have a big book on PLC microcollers but have only scratched the surface on it.

1 Like

@TBJK

PLC? Your interested in PLC? Well let me tell you of the entire aisle of PLC shelving eight feet high and twenty feet longā€¦

Ah jeez, Iā€™d like to get into some of thatā€¦
Video hardware, analog video, is my other big preoccupation.

I would like to call dibs on the 18kV 233mA supply. Need as a source for my next Marx, mwhuaau

I wonā€™t argue with that, but I do hope to get to the see the Marx Generator you build with that sucker! Also, did you see the boxes of of Varo H445 and H484 diodes, I grabbed a few of each, but there is still a bunch left.

I have a half ton pickup and Iā€™m willing to go with anyone who wants to and pick up some of this stuff. We can either bring it back to DMS or take it home. Anybody interested in going? Iā€™m happy to meet you at DMS. I will be at DMS this evening and I have a class on Wednesday at 7:00PM, but Iā€™m happy to meet you any other day this week.

We also will need to contact @Fred_Miller to set up an appointment. @JohnK are you interested in going or have your already been? @Lampy is there anything you want me to pick up?

How does Thursday sound?

1 Like

Would love to go tonight but have Pickle class ā€¦ Wednesday would be good