A little guidance requested

maybe go fishing, just to get the juices flowing…

more seriously…

credit-card sized would be handy, so’s to be easily carryable. Or more realistically, in my opinion, so for what that’s worth, just making sure this stuff is easily findable online (DMS wiki would be perfect) is the way to go; that way, nothing to remember to bring, just “check the reference!”

1 Like

Except “withholding the threading pattern” is the current method of keeping unauthorized people from using Thor. With the side effect of keeping authorized people from using it. .

2 Likes

which is, frankly, pretty silly, given that it ain’t hard to find…

NSFW

I believe the theory is security through obscurity. If we don’t leave it threaded the people that aren’t energetic enough to take the class are also not energetic enough to go look for how to thread it.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree…
Regrettably, DMS seems to prove that this won’t stop these campers from ephing stuff up anyway, so I’m all in favor of what we have (but wish I had suggestions for making it better).

1 Like

I always mention this is my classes for machine embroidery. However I think in general it’s not emphasized because we have exactly the 1 embroidery machine while we have many (# at this point?) other sewing machines for regular sewing. So, not hidden just not ‘neon signed’.