A/C Condenser Capacitor Sources for Holiday Weekends?

So I have an A/C unit, wherein the outdoor segment (condenser) buzzes and gets warm, but doesn’t turn on. The fan spins freely by hand.
Classic kaput capacitor symptoms, right?
So…
I’m not sure yet what the specs are on the unit. I’ll find out in the AM, but even if I figure out exactly what specs I need in a capacitor, I have no idea where to get one until Tuesday, other than try to find someone to take advantage of the “nights, weekends, and holidays” triple overtime. Not that I blame them, but it SOOOO easy to fix if I can just get my hands on the right part…
Why does this stuff happen on holiday weekends?

Any suggestions?

What size do you need?

I had the same thing happen to me years ago.

There are a bunch of places in Garland, which are close tomorrow (of course), but Granger might be open.

The cap will have two sections, rated in pF, one for the fan and the other for the compressor.

Let me see if I can dig up the one I used.

1 Like

Grainger is closed Sunday and Memorial Day. I frequent them very often.
If is it a condenser fan cap it’s likely a 3-5µF

1 Like

Awesome!
Thank you!
Wonder if that’ll apply THIS weekend…
Reckon I’ll be finding out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tanners might have what you need. They normally stock a dual cap for my unit but were out of stock the one time I needed one :slight_smile: (And it’s Sunday so just ignore this part!)

There was an appliance parts store in Garland I went to on a Sunday for mine, can’t recall the name.

I have a spare 45+5 450v. You can go higher on the voltage but can’t really deviate from the capacitance. E.g. if you needed a 5uF @ 370v a 5 uF @ 450v unit is fine.

1 Like

You guys are AWESOME!
Thank you for the help!
+1 for Zach’s reference. They had just what I need. And open Sunday before Memorial Day. YAY!

2 Likes

Wow I’m surprised they were open. All my regular suppliers put out signs about a month before the holidays that they will be closed said holiday weekend. However they still have an opening fee, 100$ normally 200 for holidays. Of course Fuseco is always 200$ to open.

1 Like