97%ish sunsail fabric

It’s white/cream (I have bolts of both) and supposed to filter out 95-97% of sun rays. It’s kinda plasticy and has a pretty open weave so could potentially be used for embroidery. Bolt is taller than I am. There is a lot of yardage there.

I promised myself I’d use it for work, or make a patio cover, or some such nonsense. I’m admitting to myself that’s not happening anytime soon. Sooo it can be someone else’s baby.

If you wanna trade cool “someday” from your own stash or donate back to my outreach programs fabulous. If you wanna just take it that’s cool too…as long as I get my corner back.

I am interested in looking at, And I do have fabric and other thins I could trade for it

I can probably cut off a small piece. It’s a rather large thing to haul around. When it’s in the bed of the Tacoma it goes from the back of the cab and hangs off the tailgate. Like, it has cool possibilities if for nothing else than a weed barrier in a garden (assuming you don’t suck at it like I do) it’s just been sitting for more than a year and I’m trying super hard to not be a hoarder lol

I am interested in using it to display jewelry on
in my both

1 Like

I’ll bring a bit next time I’m af the space. Sunday for sure. I had a similar idea in mind but it’s just not going to be a project i actually complete and it’s time I admit it :joy:

I think I will be there on Sun, if not you can
drop it in my bin in the galey

What colour is it ? what is the width of the fabric (I don’t know how tall you are either)

One bolt white. One bolt off white with tan weft. When it’s in the back of my Tacoma it touches the cab and still hangs out of the tailgate

I’d be interested in about 3 yards of the white - maybe more.
I am willing to barter photo & art framing, mats, glass etc…

I’ll be up Sunday for classes and can bring it then if you want. I’m pretty sure there’s 3 yards on there.

I’m not sure on Sunday - any chance of Thursday evening?

Not this week. Exhibit reception and then I need to seal my printmaking block for Saturday

Hmmmm. Is it an outdoor cloth like Sunbrella? Though that usually has more a canvas feel. Or is like sail material, which can be plasticy feeling? I would like to take a look Sunday and discuss trade.

Plasticy. I’ll bring a sample up for folks. I believe there’s plenty to go around!

2 Likes

It’ll be with me at the space tomorrow for anyone interested.

2 Likes

I’m interested but most likely will not be at the space tomorrow - two later than planned nights in a row has my “honey do” list lagging…
but if you would be willing to trade/sell/barter a 66"x66" white piece and have “talkers” stash it for me - that would be really nice/excellent…

MrsMoose,
You said you’d like to learn how to cut mats and or frame a few things…

After a brief lesson on how to cut mats and glass - here is a friend & DMS member cutting a mat to size in prep for the cmc mat cutter, his finished vintage billiards poster is shown (cell phone pic doesn’t do it justice). Note the rounded upper corners of the mat opening in the frame.

3 Likes

Sounds good. I need lessons on building the frame and mostly just access to a glass cutter. Someone said the space had one and doesn’t any longer. I’ll make sure to cut off a few yards for you before everyone else has at it. I haven’t bought a bin yet but if I see talkers I’ll give it to him.

1 Like

no problem…I am about 20 minutes away from the Space (outside of rush hour traffic)