48 Hour Film Project Kickoff

Hi Everyone,

I am the city producer for this years 48 Hour Film project.

http://www.48hourfilm.com/dallas-tx

It’s a worldwide competition for filmmakers that challenges them to make a film in 48 hours!

I wanted to open up an idea to see what you all will think;

Before the competition starts, there needs to be a kickoff event. Basically, all registered participants show up on the day that the competition begins, and a drawing commences. A genre, a single line of dialogue, and a prop is announced that must be used in their video, and off they go!

I was thinking of making the kickoff event at the space because this can attract a lot of new people who may have never heard of the space. I think it would be a great idea to also introduce them to the space and show them around in a tour and potentially sign up new members;

This also means I would need help with people to give tours around the location, would anyone be open to helping out with some tours and attracting new artists and makers? maybe @Adam_Oas in PR has something to say?

For me, this is a great opportunity to attract members who would be interested in digital media and would love to be a part of the vision we have for the digital media committee.

Thank you,

4 Likes