4 PC's for sale

Hi All,

I have 4 PC’s I’m selling for a buddy. They were terminals at a video game design company that was bought out about a year ago.

Specs:

• Black standard tower with 2 case fans
  • P6T motherboard with updated BIOS
  • Intel i7 920 2.67Mhz
  • 12GB ram (6x2gb)
  • GTX285 Video Card (1Gb) x 3 / Radeon HD4890 (1Gb) x 1
  • 1 TB hd (one has an extra 120gb drive)
  • 500w Bronze power supply
  • CD/DVD/RW (have not verified write function)

Currently there is nothing on the drives, but I can load Ubuntu, Tails, or any of the free linux OS’s. One of the hard drives has 109 bad sectors, but the rest all check out. As does the RAM (did a ram test on all of the computers). I cleaned the cases, reseated all of the components and redid the thermal paste between the chip and sink. I cleaned out the dust from the fans, and case with a vacuum and compressed air, and also cleaned up the foam ‘filter’ on the front.

These are great PC’s looking for a good home :smile:

-Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian,

The 'Space could use some more design PCs. Could you ask your buddy if they would consider donating them, if they don’t get sold for the price your buddy is looking for? We can provide a receipt for tax purposes.

Along that same note, please let us know what price your buddy would consider selling them to the 'Space for, if they aren’t interested in donating them for the tax write off.

Thank you!
:slight_smile:

Asked about the donation, and he’s not super interested in that just yet. We’re posting them on CL and Ebay for $475+25S/H ($500). I can probably sell one or two them to the space and anyone in the space for $400. The others we’d like to get the full $475.

I priced out the individual components on ebay and buying them all individually, used, is just north of $500 (+30-60 S/H).

-Ian

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I got one of these (the 5th one) and put in a $100 / 250GB SSHD into it and am running Windows 8 on it… it’s stupid fast. Haven’t loaded up Solidworks yet (likely won’t since I only have 12 days on my license left) but it’s running like a champ right now.

@Ian_Jaeger are these still available?

Yep. Still available. Can bring one to the space sometime if interested.

-Ian

If still available I would like one - When can I review them to confirm purchase.

Sent you a PM with my phone and contact info.

Thanks for the information @Ian_Jaeger!

Please post an update if/when they all get sold. I’ll have to review our budget and options after the committees receive our funds reports.

Thanks again!
:smile:

Hi Lisa, Clayton, and Shabbir,

I’ve sold one for $450, but picked up another. The new one has a bad front USB / Audio interface (the rear ports work fine, but it won’t boot with the front panel hooked up; front power / reset buttons work fine).

It is essentially the same as the other’s listed above but I put the 1TB drive that has the bad sectors (109 bad sectors as noted in first post) as well as the 120gb drive (both SATA).

Because of the bad front interface, I can move a little bit on cost (but it’s offset by the 120gb drive also). Let me know what you’d think is a fair price for the others or the one with the bad interface (and justification for the price). We’re looking to move them, but of course have to get what’s fair for both sides and not just give them away.

-Ian

1 Like

OK, down to the last one in case anyone is still interested. If you’re curious as to what they look like, there are two of them in the 3d fab room being used as slicer / design stations.

-Ian

1 Like

Thanks for the update on how many you have left @Ian_Jaeger!

… and, thanks again for helping us get the two new-to-us (and Very good) PCs that are set-up in 3D Fab! They really are great PCs; and, as far as I know, we have had no problems at all with them! :smile:

[NOTE: One of the two PCs is the one mentioned in a previous post with no working USB ports, so the fact that I removed the non-functional ports is not a ‘problem’; but, a ‘feature’… :wink: ]

Thanks again Ian! :smile:

Lisa
What specification do you have for PC’s. I have several in storage that came from a software design company. I also have several Mother boards etc. Most of these are DELLS. I would need to fire them up to see exactly what type of CPU and how much memory each of these have.

Allan